Diversity in the Classroom
Accessibility & Teaching for an Inclusive Classroom
The following web sites provide information on Accommodation Strategies, Using Technology in the Classroom, Note-Takers, Test and Exam Accommodation, and University Policies.
- Universal Instructional Design
A new guide is available from the site of our colleagues at UTSC – this is an invaluable resource!
- St. George Campus – Accessibility Services: Services for Students with Disabilities
This site also includes a downloadable video “Well Worth It” that outlines strategies and resources for faculty members
- UTM – AccessAbility Resource Centre
This site includes a “Faculty Guide to Accommodating Students with a Disability”, information on appropriate terminology, and related links.
- UTSC – AccessAbility Services
This site includes a Faculty Handbook, a suggested Syllabus Statement, and information on Job/Workplace Accommodations
- Universal Instructional Design Project at the University of Guelph
ESL and International Students
Ways to Help your ESL Students
Teaching and Learning for Diversity at UTSC
Anti-Racism and Cultural Diversity Office